The joy of cooking

Apart from harp playing, I enjoy eating and cooking. I always love cooking, because it is a very creative process and it relaxes me a lot. When I was pregnant with Christopher, I started to be more careful and aware of what I eat. And now, being a mother and having to cook for a young baby, I am more cautious with reading nutrient labels when I buy processed food and learnt to buy more naturally grown food. As a result, I feel healthier myself.

 I am very grateful that I am able to take a sabbatical this last year and have a restful recovery after childbirth. I am enjoying every single moment of motherhood--even though it can be overwhelming at times--I enjoy watching our family and our son grows every day.

 
 
This last month we stayed mostly at home because of the winter season in Canada. Getting tired of my own cooking, I explored some new recipes, and most of all, in Canadian style. I made dishes such as cassoulet, bake pork chops and grilled pork tenderloin. My husband, who is a Canadian, loves it. I also looked into my own roots and made some Chinese dishes, such as sweet and sour pork ribs and Shanghai fried noodles, and we both enjoyed tremendously.





I think our great passion for cooking and food is infectious. I am happy to see little Christopher loving his meals, and gratefully accepting whatever food we give him. It is indeed a huge blessing that we can all live and appreciate every small thing that God gives us every day.






For all of you who are reading my blog, may I take this opportunity to wish you a very blessed and healthy Chinese New Year of the Snake ahead. May it bring love, joy and peace to you and your loved ones. Please stay tune for my performance news this spring and summer.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures from the CD Launch

Students' Harp Recital at Chartwell Waterford Long Term Care (June 12, 2022) 2-3 pm

All-Female Composers Harp and Flute Recital, Toronto Summer Music Festival (July 12th, 2022)